- How I Wrote Jubilee and Other Essays on Life and Literature, nonfiction
by Margaret Walker
Alexander, edited by Maryemma Graham (Feminist Press at the City University
of New York).
- Eisenhower: Soldier and President, by Stephen
E. Ambrose (Simon & Schuster).
- Dialect Tales, by Sherwood
Bonner, edited by William Frank (NCUP).
- The Boys Who Would Be Cubs: A Season in the Heart of Baseballs
Minor Leagues, by Joseph Bosco
- Big Bad Love, stories by Larry
- A Scrambling After Circumstance, by Margaret-Love
- Novels, 1936-1940: Absalom, Absalom!, The Unvanquished, If I Forget Thee,
Jerusalem, The Hamlet, by William
Faulkner, edited by Joseph Blotner (Library of America).
- The Best American Short Stories 1990, edited by Richard
- Wildlife, a novel by Richard
Ford (Little, Brown).
- I Cannot Get You Close Enough: Three Novellas, by Ellen
Gilchrist (Little, Brown).
- Fear Familiar, by Caroline Burnes (Carolyn
- The Apple-Green Triumph and Other Stories, by Martha
Lacy Hall (Louisiana State University Press).
- Real Murders, by Charlaine
- Faulkner's Mississippi, nonfiction by Willie
Morris (Oxmoor House).
- The Gold Rush Widows of Little
Falls , by Linda Peavy
and Ursula Smith (Minnesota Historical Society Press).
- Contemporary Southern Short Fiction: A Sampler, edited by George
P. Garrett and Paul Ruffin
(Texas Review Press)
- The Light as They Found It, by James
- Toward a Mature Faith: Does Biblical Inerrancy Make Sense?, by Clayton
Sullivan (SBC Today).
- Mississippi Bridge, by Mildred
D. Taylor (Dial).
- The Road to Memphis, by Mildred
D. Taylor (Dial).
- Five O'Clock Angel: Letters of Tennessee Williams to Maria St. Just,
1948-1982, by Tennessee
- Nightwatcher, a novel by Charles
Wilson (Carroll & Graf).
- Zig Ziglar's Favorite Quotations, by Zig
Beth Henley's play Crimes of the Heart produced in Boston at the Nickerson Theater.
Beth Henley's play The Lucky Spot produced at Chicago's Center Theater.
Beth Henley's play Abundance produced in New York at Manhattan Theatre Club.
Steve Barthelme receives a Hemingway Short Story Award.
Walker Percy dies of cancer in Covington, Louisiana.
Jim Henson dies of pneumonia in New York City.
About This Site | New Book Info |
News & Events |
Literary Landmarks |
Mississippi Literary History |
Mississippi Publishing |
Other Features |
Other Web Resources
by author |
by title |
by place |
by year |
SEARCH THE MISSISSIPPI WRITERS PAGE
UM Home Page |
English Department |
Center for the Study of Southern Culture |
The University of Mississippi Foundation
This page has been accessed
222 times. About
this page counter.
Last Revised on
Monday, November 9, 2015, at 04:37:43 PM CST
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Design by John B. Padgett.
The University of Mississippi English Department.