- Duty, Honor, and Country: A History of West Point, by Stephen
E. Ambrose (Johns Hopkins Press)
- The Ballad of the Free, poems by Margaret
Walker Alexander (Broadside Press).
- Jubilee, a novel by Margaret
Walker Alexander (Houghton Mifflin).
- The Flush Times of California, by Joseph
Glover Baldwin, edited by Richard E. Amacher and George W. Polhemus
(University of Georgia Press)
- Essays, Speeches, & Public Letters, by William
Faulkner, edited by James B. Meriwether (Random House).
- The Faulkner-Cowley File: Letters and Memoirs, 1944-1962, by Malcolm
Cowley with letters William
Faulkner (Viking Press).
- The Mobile Indians, by Jay
Higginbotham (Colonial Books).
- Three Years in Mississippi, nonfiction by James
Meredith (Indiana University Press)
- The Last Gentleman, a novel by Walker
Percy (Farrar, Straus).
- Old Powder Man, by Joan
Williams (Harcourt, Brace, & World)
- The Knightly Quest, fiction by Tennessee
Williams (New Directions).
nominated for the National Book Award for fiction for his novel The Last
play Slapstick Tragedy produced on Broadway.
Premiere of the film This Property Is Condemned, based on the play by Tennessee Williams.
About This Site | New Book Info |
News & Events |
Literary Landmarks |
Mississippi Literary History |
Mississippi Publishing |
Other Features |
Other Web Resources
by author |
by title |
by place |
by year |
SEARCH THE MISSISSIPPI WRITERS PAGE
UM Home Page |
English Department |
Center for the Study of Southern Culture |
The University of Mississippi Foundation
This page has been accessed
124 times. About
this page counter.
Last Revised on
Monday, November 9, 2015, at 04:37:37 PM CST
Send comments to email@example.com
Web Design by John B. Padgett.
The University of Mississippi English Department.