Mystery and romance novelist
Carolyn Haines was born May 12, 1953, in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
The daughter of two journalists, she earned a bachelors degree
in journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1974
and went on to work at several newspapers in the region. In 1985,
she earned a master of arts degree in creative writing from the
University of Southern Alabama. She has published a large number
of romance novels for Harlequin using the pen name Caroline
Burnes. Using her own name, she has published several novels
set in Mississippi in different historical periods, including the
1960s (Summer of the Redeemers, 1994) and the 1920s (Touched,
1996). Her most recent novels are Splintered Bones (2002)
and Crossed Bones (forthcoming in 2003).
posted February 2002; updated January 2003)
- Summer of Fear. New York: Windsor, 1993.
- Summer of the Redeemers. New York: Dutton, 1994.
- Touched. New York: Dutton, 1996.
- Them Bones. New York: Bantam, 1999.
- Buried Bones. New York: Bantam, 2000.
- Splintered Bones. New York: Delacorte, 2002.
- Crossed Bones. New York: Delacorte, 2003.
Romance Novels (as Caroline Burnes)
- A Deadly Breed. Harlequin Intrigue, 1988.
- Measure of Deceit. Harlequin Intrigue, 1988.
- Phantom Filly. Harlequin Intrigue, 1989.
- The Jaguars Eye. Harlequin Intrigue, 1991.
- Deadly Currents. Harlequin Intrigue, 1992.
- Fatal Ingredients. Harlequin Intrigue, 1992.
- Hoodwinked. Harlequin Intrigue, 1993.
- Flesh and Blood. Harlequin Intrigue, 1993.
- Cutting Edge. Harlequin Intrigue, 1994.
- A Christmas Kiss. Harlequin Intrigue, 1996.
- Midnight Prey. Harlequin Intrigue, 1997.
- Remember Me, Cowboy. Harlequin, 1998.
- Texas Midnight. Harlequin, 2000.
- Midnight Burning. Harlequin, 2001.
Novels in the Cat Familiar Series (As Caroline
- Fear Familiar. 1990.
- Too Familiar. 1993.
- Thrice Familiar. 1993.
- Shades of Familiar. 1994.
- Familiar Remedy. 1994.
- Familiar Tale. 1995.
- Bewitching Familiar. 1995.
- Familiar Heart. 1997.
- Familiar Fire. 1998.
- Familiar Valentine. Harlequin, 1999.
- Familiar Christmas. Harlequin, 1999.
- Familiar Obsession. Harlequin, 2000.
- Familiar Lullaby. Harlequin, 2001.
- (Edited by Rebecca Barrett and Carolyn Haines.) Moments
with Eugene: A Collection of Memories. Kalioka Press, 2000.
Articles and Interviews:
About the Author:
Information to this page
About This Site | New Book Info |
News & Events |
Literary Landmarks |
Mississippi Literary History |
Mississippi Publishing |
Other Features |
Other Web Resources
by author |
by title |
by place |
by year |
SEARCH THE MISSISSIPPI WRITERS PAGE
This page has been accessed
535 times. About
this page counter.
UM Home Page |
English Department |
Center for the Study of Southern Culture |
The University of Mississippi Foundation
Last Revised on
Monday, November 9, 2015, at 04:35:10 PM CST
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Design by John B. Padgett.
The University of Mississippi English Department.